Thursday, March 18, 2010

Makin' Romance at Museums

Last week, the New York Times reported on a special proposal - Blake Cohen proposed to his girlfriend, Clarissa Lee, in the shop at the Denver Art Museum in January. She said yes, but what's more interesting is the trend of romance and museums that the Times reports.

Check out the full article here and read about how museums are becoming a new back drop for romance -- the Times reports that the High Museum of Art in Atlanta offered a Single Mingle last summer where unattached guests participated in activities like art-themed bingo and scavenger hunts in the collection! How fun!!

And here's a fun fact - First Lady Michelle and President Barack Obama had their first date at the Art Institute of Chicago!

3 comments:

soulsearcher said...

does buying your love's favorite wholesale handbags considered romantic..im planning on asking for my favorite bag from my hubby for my birthday

Unknown said...

I met my fiance in a museum and we dated for sometime. I gave her some victorian heart quilts and i got the sweet yes.

Unknown said...

Lovely. I remember my first question to my fiance, it was out of pure desperation to talk to her..
'What's a fisher price dvd ' and thank goodness she answered me! lol