Thursday, February 19, 2009

How do I love Thee? Let me count the ways...

Could you sum up your lust, love and longings in a short six words?

Recently, HarperCollins published Six-Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak, a collection of proclamations describing love, loss and everything in between, all in six-word sentences.

Check out the New York Times article discussing the book, and then create the perfect six word story for your sweetheart. Or, if you’re experiencing writers block and find yourself at a loss for (six) words, scroll through the Times discussion board for some poetic inspiration from everyday people. My favorite posts from the boards include:


  • I’m more because you’re beside me.

  • It’s the little things that matter.

  • We race to the same thought.

  • There’s a passion; then there’s love.

  • At last I found THE one.

How about, “to love love, is to blog” or “I woo thanks to the interwebs”? Hmmm.
Anyway, good luck with your six word sweet nothings…and if you come up with something truly inspired, please share!

No comments: